Interregional competition of research and creative works for students of universities and schools “Serving the Fatherland: events and names”
The interregional historical and educational contest for research and creative works for students of universities and schools "Serving the Fatherland: events and names" is held as part of the
The contest has the goal to return the history of Russia and to perpetuate the names and actions of our compatriots who contributed a lot to the development of the Russian statehood and who personify the idea of serving for the sake of the country which is being revived in the modern Russia.
The Board of Trustees of the project of the Centre of National Glory "Serving the Fatherland: events and names", with Vladimir Yakunin in charge, was the initiator and organizer of the Contest.
The contest is held with support from:
- Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation;
- The President library named after Boris Eltsin.
The following participants are involved in the preparations and holding the Contest:
- the Russian State Pedagogical University named after A.Hertsen;
Saint-PetersburgState Art and Industry Academy named after A. Stieglitz;
- he Institute of Russian Literature of the Russian Academy of Sciences (Pushkin’s House)
- the Russian National Library;
- the State Hermitage;
- The Leningrad Regional Institute of Development of Education;
All-RussianState Television and Radio Company;
- the Russian Society of Historians and Archivists;
- "Interfax —
North-West" Information Agency.
In 2015 the contest was timed to coincide with 70th anniversary of the Victory in the Great Patriotic War. The jury received 1200 works from students of schools, specialized educational establishments and universities from 61 regions of the Russian Federation.