Winners of the International Prize of the Foundation of St. Andrew the First-Called «Faith and Fidelity» in 2016
On December 13, 2016 the XXIV Awards Ceremony of the Public Decoration of the International Prize of the Foundation of St. Andrew the First-Called «Faith and Fidelity» was held at the State Kremlin Palace.
The International Prize symbolizes the society’s acknowledgement of merits to Fatherland. It was established in 1992 by the Foundation of St. Andrew the First-Called. The Prize is traditionally awarded on the Day of All-Praised Saint Andrew the First-Called at the State Kremlin Palace.
In 2016 the following people were awarded the International Prize of the Foundation of St. Andrew the First-Called «Faith and Fidelity»:
- Aquilino Mata Mier President of Association of Republican Pilots (Barcelona, Spain).
- Yury A. Bashmet Artistic Director of the State Symphony Orchestra «New Russia», Artistic Director of Chamber Ensemble «Soloists of Moscow», Artistic Director of the All-Russian Youth Symphony Orchestra, People’s Artist of the USSR.
- Anna P. Nerkagy Nenets writer, founder of the camp for orphans «The Land of Hope».
- Eduard Alexandrovich von Falz-Fein Public figure, maecenas.
- Vyacheslav A. Bocharov Hero of Russia, First Deputy Secretary of the Public Chamber of the Russian Federation.
- Alexey A. Leonov Double Hero of the Soviet Union, pilot cosmonaut, Major General of Aviation.
For restoration of historical truth about the heroic act of Soviet volunteers fighting fascism.
For personal contribution to augmentation of the world fame of the Russian art and for strengthening the succession of traditions of the Russian Music Culture.
For compassionate service for the sake of people, for plenty of works related to upbringing of foster kids and for complete devotion to the native country and the people.
For strengthening and development of cooperation between Russia and Europe, and for return of missing items of cultural value and historical relics to Fatherland.
For personal heroism and absolute courage while protecting the safety of Fatherland.
For outstanding contribution to the matter of space exploration and selfless service to Russia.
Winners are selected by the resolution of the Awards Committee on the International Prize of the Foundation of St. Andrew the First-Called «Faith and Loyalty». Oleg Atkov, pilot cosmonaut of the USSR, Hero of the Soviet Union, is in charge of the Committee. The award is given on the stage of the State Kremlin Palace by Vladimir Yakunin, Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Foundation of St. Andrew the First-Called, Metropolitan Vladimir of Omsk and Taurida, and Oleg Atkov.
The winners of recent years included: Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia Alexis II, Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia Kirill, Vladimir Putin, Georgy Poltavchenko, Vasily Lanovoy, Irina Antonova, Mikhail Perelman, Yunus-Bek Yevkurov, Lyudmila Zykina, Nikita Bogoslovky, Boris Paton, Igor Kasatonov, Valery Gergiyev, Alisa Freindlich, Viktor Sadovnichy, Fazil Iskander, Alexey Batalov and others.