The restoration of the column monument on the Kulikovo field

The restoration of the column monument on the Kulikovo field

The Foundation of St. Andrew the First-Called and the Centre of National Glory together with Sberbank of Russia implemented the project on reconstruction of the column-monument to Blessed Prince Dmitry Donskoy on the Red Hill.

The monument was erected in 1850 based on the project by A. P. Bryullov. The column is the oldest preserved military monument in Russia. During the careful restoration the column was first dismantled and then the damaged elements were welded. A new base was made for the monument’s erection. The column was installed onto the special supporting construction. Then the newly-gilded top with the cross was erected. The territory around the monument was taken care of. The festive opening of the column after the restoration was held on 15th September 2007.